Jeff asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 5 months ago

If you reached your medical insurance deductible, does that mean you won’t have to pay until the next year?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

No. You will still be paying for any co-pays or coinsurance.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Seriously? It means the insurance company will start paying more as you have satisfied this year's deductible. You still have to pay copays or coinsurance.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It means your insurance company will begin to pay their portion of your bills. Yes, you start over again next year with a deductible. You still have to pay your portion of the bills.

• 5 months ago

No. It only means that you won't have to pay as much, because the insurance company will be paying something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, usually your deductible is the amount you must pay before the insurance pays anything. Then you pay the co-insurance amount (typically 20-30%) until you reach your maximum out of pocket. Then insurance pays 100% of covered services.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

On MY plan, thats what it means but mine does not pay for anything unless I spend $6400+. And I never have yet.

• 5 months ago

Nobody here knows how YOUR plan works.  If you have a deductible and then 100% coverage, then yes that's exactly what that means.  But, you could enter cost sharing, you could have copays, but we have zero idea...despite the confidence of the other answers.

• A
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, your policy has several conditions, a deductible, a co-pay, and a maximum out of pocket.  You could have a deductible of  $400.00, which means after you have paid that the insurance company pays  80% of the rest of the charges, you pay 20%, when you have paid out  $2500.of your 20% of covered charges, your insurance pays the rest.

• Anonymous
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

How do you know their deductible isn't the same as their out of pocket maximum without seeing it?

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

no, you still pay copays for each service, but the insurance pays some,

• Anonymous
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

How do you know their policy has copays?  Maybe it doesn't.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. That means that insurance will pay a PORTION of all your expenses for the rest of the year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.