Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 2 months ago

Mandolin chord book in standard notation?

Where can i get a Mandolin chord book or resource in standard notation? Thanks

No, I don’t care for tab notation.

Standard notation means sheet music style, with a 5 line staff (pentagram), and music notes, etc, not tab.

• Tony B

Aorry I can't help. I really don't think you'll find what you want because there would be very little demand for a book like that.

To be useable a person would need to be able to read music well and to know where the notes were on the mandolin fretboard. They'd also need to be able to come up with practicable ways of arranging those notes so that, not only could they be played, but that it was fairly easy to move from one chord to another.

I guess there are plenty of people who could do this if they needed to but I think a lot of them would already know what the notes were in the chords.

Added, a mandolin chord book would use chord diagrams, not tab.

• Me2

Learning to play chords without fingering guidance is tedious and, for a beginner, probably futile.  While I'd certainly recommend including standard notation if you can read, it can not replace but only supplement chord diagrams.