Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 2 months ago

I read online that computer science is the WORST degree you could get and that 99 pct of software engineering jobs will be automated in 5yrs?

Is this true???

Yes, concentrate on your career in fast food, much more likely for you.

And where did you read that? I've read that aliens are being stored by the military at a secret underground facility. Which is more stupid?

I just wish you would STOP asking the same question over and over and over.

• NONAME

please...dont talk to us about automated jobs...if jobs could be automated so easily then why does a person still take my order (poorly) at the drive in? or phone representatives..software engineering....is pretty ducking difficult...its one of the safest fields to date..

Who is going to automate the software if software engineers don't create the software that can do this automate?

- you think only 1% of software engineers will exist in 5year

In 5 years there are still going to be gazillions of software engineers working on archaic systems. 

• Scott

I think there will be some automaton, but it's a supply and demand issue.  A typical CS program at a state university starts with something like 300 freshman majors, but only 35-45 actually graduate every year.