promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 2 months ago

I read online that computer science is the WORST degree you could get and that 99 pct of software engineering jobs will be automated in 5yrs?

Is this true???

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, concentrate on your career in fast food, much more likely for you.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

And where did you read that? I've read that aliens are being stored by the military at a secret underground facility. Which is more stupid?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I just wish you would STOP asking the same question over and over and over.

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

please...dont talk to us about automated jobs...if jobs could be automated so easily then why does a person still take my order (poorly) at the drive in? or phone representatives..software engineering....is pretty ducking difficult...its one of the safest fields to date..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Who is going to automate the software if software engineers don't create the software that can do this automate?

- you think only 1% of software engineers will exist in 5year

In 5 years there are still going to be gazillions of software engineers working on archaic systems. 

• Scott
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I think there will be some automaton, but it's a supply and demand issue.  A typical CS program at a state university starts with something like 300 freshman majors, but only 35-45 actually graduate every year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.