phil asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 2 months ago

Does it snow in Ny anymore ?

I live on Long Island and I remember how we used to get huge snowstorms and snowy winters. I know the snow gets annoying but I can’t remember the last time in the past few years that we’ve had a snowstorm or snow in general over 4 inches. Is global warming just finally taking over ?

Yes, it still snows in New York STATE. Just because it has not snowed where you ate on Long Island doesn't mean much, but yes, global warming IS taking over and is becoming much more obvious except for those in total denial or have closed minds. I was surprised how fast over 4 inched of snow disappeared in central Oklahoma after only 2 days except on one SLA ted roof pitched toward the way shaded by another part of the house on the south. I had not seen that much snow in the ground since mid-February 1998 when there was 9 and half inches on the ground 3 days later. I should not have been surprised how fast the February 5-6 snow disappeated. At least there was no freezing rain or sleet. 

Long Island has both the Gulf Stream AND the heat island effect of a large extended metropolitan area from New Jersey through Connecticut and Massachusetts and Rhode Island. If you were in were where you have lake effect s owns like in Ithica NY, you would have had plenty of snow already. 

wrong forum.  belongs in environment > global warming

• Rick

just wait, there's a big storm heading your way .....................

No, shithead...NY still gets PLENTY of snow and precipitation. Long island is, well, AN ISLAND. It is surrounded by WATER...and WARM water that comes up from the Gulf Stream...and that water even heads across the ocean to the UK...where the UK stays warmer (and cooler - during summer)

Climates can change. So? We don't control the weather. We don't control the sun. We don't control orbital mechanics and we don't control the oceans.

Stop thinking that a pathetic excuse for a green house gas, measured in parts per million no less, is responsible for anything.

• phil2 months agoReport

2 years in a row shits been different buddy calling me a shithead for wanting to learn more. Lmaooooooooo how pathetic

global warming is part of it, but so is normal weather fluctuations. You could have a severe storm any day, or next winter could be severe. Or next winter could be mild again.