Jack asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 2 months ago

Re-entering into Thailand ?

Just made it back home to the U.S after 24 days in Thailand.  My trip was cut short due to my sister unfortunately passing away from a long fight with her stroke.  Her funeral will be in a few days.  Since I dont have to go back to work in a couple of weeks, I would like to return back to Thailand after the funeral and continue my vacation for another 8 days.  Will I have any problems with immigration flying back and reentering into Thailand within a week?

There is no limitation on the number of entries using the visa exemption with a US passport: https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-...

If you are an American citizen, probably no big deal. Americans are issued entrance visas good for 30 days. You will probably be issued another entrance visa. They may ask why you returned so fast. That's about it. Have fun

• Nicey8

Hi. You need not have a visa entering Thailand again. Just explain politely to the immigration officials about your situation. Dress nicely, put on the biggest smile you have and show respect to the officials.

Sorry about your loss. Do take care.

• Emdog

You shouldn't have a problem: people don't usually do visa runs to the USA. Dress neatly, smile and be polite. Sorry about you loss, btw. Why not go to Vietnam instead? Do you have a 'girlfriend" in Thailand? IF so, might be double reason to go to VN (I live in Thailand & have Thai wife.... just saying beware).

• Jack2 months agoReport

That's good to hear.  Thank you.  I may be going to VN next year with friends, so may save it for next time.  I am Vietnamese but I find thai girls to be more beautiful lol

Assuming that you hold a US passport with 6 months validity and a return or onward air ticket, then you should have no problems.

I had to leave and return overnight once. They were not keen, but accepted my explanation as to why.

Disrespectful as it may seem, take a few photos.

• You can't go back in with the same visa you left with.  You need to give more information.  Do you need a visa or are you visa-exempt?  How far do you have to travel to go to Thailand?  Going for 8 days you have to add in travel time depending on where you live and your citizenship.  If visa-exempt you will have no problems.  Show the money, return flight and where you plan to stay.  I may be able to give more information if you give me more information.