This may be a "too soon" thing, but Christians went after Aids. Why has God stricken us with a virus that kills Chinese? And now us?

Expected different chants.

Favorite Answer

It is a "designer" virus that was made in a laboratory. For over twenty years now labs doing this type of research have existed in many countries around the world. This one was released at a very specific place for a very specific reason. it appears 9i don't have conclusive evidence at this time) that this Corona Virus may have originated in Israel, but there is also strong evidence that it originated in Canada.

A person can battle any pandemic using the rosary and fasting.

Christians who study the Bible and not every media sensationalist report, are concerned to avoid the disasters God has promised to bring on His covenant people if they constantly violate the terms of His covenant with them.  His people in the Mosaic covenant were warned 2 Chronicles 7:13,14, “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 

God can use disaster to draw His people back to Him. He also used plagues to rebuke proud Pharaoh, forcing him to set His people free. But His people were not included in plagues 4 to 10 - only the Egyptians suffered those. I worship that Lord of Creation as my God, as one who is in the New Covenant Jesus brought in, which includes Gentiles as well as Jews. He healed “every disease and every sickness,” as well as plagues in the areas He visited (Matthew 9:35; 10:1; Mark 3:10). Just as God chose to use plagues and disease to show His power to the Israelites and the Egyptians, Jesus healed as an exhibition of the same power to verify that He was truly the Son of God. 

In the future, the two witnesses of Revelation 11:6 will have power “to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want”. Seven angels will wield seven plagues in a series of world-wide judgments Rev. ch 16. But the last verse says those seven 'bowls of wrath' will have this result on those suffering them: "And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail because the plague was so terrible." Yet God's people will continue to worship the Lord of Creation who judiciously uses the elements to rebuke both His disobedient people, and the rebellious nations. https://www.gotquestions.org/QOTW.htm "What does the Bible say about pandemic diseases/sicknesses?"

• Zany2 months agoReport

Speak in paraphrase, quoting the Bible is just too lame.

Viruses have always been with us. 

The media in its usual insidious frenzy form is making corona out to be a giant global killer and its not.

Worldwide, 43,090 people were infected as of Tuesday morning. 108 people died from the virus in mainland China Monday, bringing the total death toll there to 1,016.

The flu pandemic of 1918 killed more than 50 million people.

At this point in the 2019-20 flu season, CDC estimates indicate that there have been 13 million influenza illnesses, 120,000 hospitalizations, and 6600 flu-related deaths.CDC 

In the last days there will be famine and pestilence.