promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

New computer build fan and motherboard lights flashing ?

I pretty much built a new computer 650w psi, gigabyte B365M DS3H motherboard 16g ram -8x2 sticks, I5 8th gen 8400, new Corsair white led quiet fans new GeForce 1050 video card  and a new InWin 101 case.    The problem is when I turn on the computer the monitor won’t come on and all the lights flash including the motherboard light flashes orange at the same time the fan lights flash.   I checked all connections and they are all connected correctly. I tried disconnecting fans, memory and removing the video card and turning it in but same thing happens.    The motherboard still flashes the orange light on and off.     Any suggestions on what I can try or what might be wrong.   All parts installed are compatible and none of the pins on the cpu are bent 

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

It seems to be more of a motherboard issue. I would ever trust gigabyte.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

If the motherboard is bad then take it back to the retailer, don't deal with Gigabyte unless you want to find out how crappy their Customer Service and tech support is.

• 3 months ago

Remove all the memory. Install one stick of memory at a time, then reboot. shut the computer down and repeat the process until all the memory has registered with the computer.

• 4 months ago

please read the troubleshooting pages in the mobo install manual.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

What OS are you using?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Sometimes motherboards come from the factory and are defective. You don't necessarily have something hooked up wrong.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

take it to a computer place so they can help you with it

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Most motherboards either flash a light or beep a code to identify POST errors. Like two short flashes, a pause and three more short flashes might be the code for 'RAM bank 3 failure'. Check your manual for POST codes.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dave3 months agoReport

Found out I received a faulty motherboard.    Tech from Gigabyte spent almost an hour with me on the phone and found it was faulty.   Sending me a new one 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.