Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 months ago

I'm extremely scared of Minecraft but I still want to play. What should I do?

I started playing mincraft early on as a kid, but I noticed that the people and animals in the game scared me, especially villagers and pigs. My siblings would use that against me and  they'd do stuff like spawn a bunch of pigs and villagers around me. This really traumatized me and as a result, I stopped playing. Skip to high school, and I'm introduced to a way to get Minecraft on my school computer. I decide to give it a try and see if I'm over my fear but when I started playing, I realized my fear had gotten worse over the years. I was now scared of, not only pigs and villagers, but everything. The slime monsters, the cows, the chickens, you name it.

I still haven't seen a villager or pig yet, thank goodness. Recently, I tried letting a cow come near me, that's the closest I've gotten to a minecraft animal in years. Also, my fear has gotten so bad, I can barely even look at them, let alone kill them, so I always starve in survival mode. So yeah, is there any advice on how to get over my fear and continue playing? It's such a nice game and it would be a shame if I could never play it again. 

Favorite Answer

I agree with Heretics answer here. 

Another way you can go about it, to overcome your fear, is to deal with it head on. 

So when you're in game and you see whatever that scares you, just go up to it and kill it. Even if its once a day, once a week etc. Just remember they can't hurt YOU.

I had the same issue with looking at SPIDERS on Google Images, I couldn't do it but I would open the page up and touch my screen every couple of days, its not real and tell yourself that and it got easier.

Easier said than done, but don't let fear stop you....

Perhaps as an addition to the other answers, try playing on Peaceful Mode (you wouldn't have to ever deal with starvation or any hostile mobs). It's a less stressful version and potentially helpful for attempting to get used to the game.

And yes, more exposure should also aid in developing to become further accustomed to it.

lmao this ***** scared of minecraft

Ha ha ha ha ha, 

I suggest that if they bother you that much you should consider using a texture pack to make them look different or use a mod that eliminates all vanilla mobs. If both of these methods do not change your mood towards the game, I would suggest playing a different game bud.

just play something else if it bothers you

exposure response therapy might help you! In this situation, that would just mean maybe spending a few minutes a day just walking around a Minecraft world, and slowly building up until it’s not so scary anymore.