Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

Would you prefer someone to open carry a firearm or have it concealed? ?

• Matt
    Favorite Answer

If I were to give advice to someone one how to carry I would suggest concealed. When you open carry you draw attention, and you'd be number one to catch a bullet if some psycho decides he wants to shoot up the place.

When you conceal carry you can have a slight advantage in a disadvantageous scenario, you would maintain a small element of surprise. When I carry I simply want to look like everyone else, I want to blend in. So, if the situation arises, where I need to defend myself or others I have the option to draw when the most opportune moment arises.

I won't tell someone not to open carry, because I am in no position to tell someone how to exercise their rights. But I'd suggest you conceal.

OPEN... and the reason is so I want to see if MY GUN IS BIGGER THAN HIS GUN... 

For other people, I simply could care less, their business how to carry.

Personally, I carry concealed, nobody even knows but that .45 1911 does have some bulk

• Herman

Do you carry concealed in your diapers?  Please post a picture of your famous diaper concealed carry.   You must be a hit at the institution where  you are currently  living.  Does everyone there
      have mental problems like you at the institute?

Any firearm is cool, whether it’s open or concealed.

• Robin

i have BOTH ........................................

The advantage of concealed carry is you do not know who has a gun. So in a room of 100 people, with a 3% concealed carry rate you can expect three of them to have a gun. But WHO? Open carry removes the question, you can see the gun and the person carrying it. The concealed carry gives group protection, the open carry makes the guy a primary target.

• Quinn

I take it you mean someone else as oppose to my personal preference. I think how I would prefer someone carrying would have to depend on the circumstance/environment and how they carry it. But in the end, if it is legal, then it is the other person's right to carry as they choose and not really my business.

have it concealed, i dont want to know if someone has one

I conceal carry but I think more people should open carry. Too many people in this country have had no exposure to firearms and are thus scared of them. It's what drives the gun control movement. 

Concealed. Open is way too much like a threat. When you get two macho guys carrying openly and they meet at the OK corral, only bad things can happen. And the women and children have to duck for cover.

• Sammy

Like all police agencies?