Should I get my 2009 printer fixed or better to buy a new one?

• ron h

I'd probably replace.  For ME, I'd buy a wireless B&W laser, with scanner, and fax if you think you'd use that.  I don't print much and ink cartridges dry up before i print 20 pages.  Laser NEVER drys out.   If I need color, I go to a kinko's or other copy shop.  I'd look at the cost of the printer AND ink or laser cartridges.  I'd also consider a brother printer.

buy a new one. you got a decade's use out of the old one .. that's about the limit.

Why? new printer is made in China using Chinese labor. repairs are done in your home country using local [and much higher cost] labor. Frequently, a repair costs more than an entire new printer

Get a new one.  That is the answer.

• keerok

Buy a new one.

Sooner than later, your old printer's ink will no longer be available in stores.

thats up to you to decide

• ron h
      4 weeks agoReport

So, no answer, but you typed anyway.  Again.

If it is a home/small office printer, it may be cheaper to buy a new one than to get it fixed. But then again it depends on what's wrong with it and how much it would cost to get it repaired (if it can be).

• Eva

Printers are so cheap now that you would be better off getting a new one. Some older printers can't be updated with new drivers to work with Windows 10.

• GFH

It depends on how much money it will take to fix the printer.

A printer that I had for two years started to malfunction.  It would have cost me half of what I paid for the computer to get it fixed.  I decided to buy a new printer instead. 

Home laser printers are cheap now (sometimes less than 70 dollars).  Replacement is better.

• Dze

If it's actually broke get a new one. I still have mine. From 1999 still works great. old HP