promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I get my 2009 printer fixed or better to buy a new one?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I'd probably replace.  For ME, I'd buy a wireless B&W laser, with scanner, and fax if you think you'd use that.  I don't print much and ink cartridges dry up before i print 20 pages.  Laser NEVER drys out.   If I need color, I go to a kinko's or other copy shop.  I'd look at the cost of the printer AND ink or laser cartridges.  I'd also consider a brother printer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

buy a new one. you got a decade's use out of the old one .. that's about the limit.

Why? new printer is made in China using Chinese labor. repairs are done in your home country using local [and much higher cost] labor. Frequently, a repair costs more than an entire new printer

• 2 months ago

Get a new one.  That is the answer.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Buy a new one.

Sooner than later, your old printer's ink will no longer be available in stores.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

thats up to you to decide

• ron h
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

So, no answer, but you typed anyway.  Again.

• 2 months ago

If it is a home/small office printer, it may be cheaper to buy a new one than to get it fixed. But then again it depends on what's wrong with it and how much it would cost to get it repaired (if it can be).

• Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Printers are so cheap now that you would be better off getting a new one. Some older printers can't be updated with new drivers to work with Windows 10.

• GFH
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

It depends on how much money it will take to fix the printer.

A printer that I had for two years started to malfunction.  It would have cost me half of what I paid for the computer to get it fixed.  I decided to buy a new printer instead. 

• 2 months ago

Home laser printers are cheap now (sometimes less than 70 dollars).  Replacement is better.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it's actually broke get a new one. I still have mine. From 1999 still works great. old HP

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.