Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 2 months ago

Why am I considered a delinquent for skipping school?

I've been skipping school a lot lately for other reasons but they are all mental health related. Today I skipped because yesterday my father hit me for the first time in a couple years and I didnt have the energy to get out of bed. I didnt go to school and they called my mom and said that from now on if I try to skip school a police officer has to escort me to school. My brother said I was being put in a class to do my homework in school since I usually dont do it anymore and he said that it's for "delinquents" I dont get it. I'm going to talk to my sister about possibly doing homeschool because the public education system doesnt work for me. If I have homeschool I'll have no reason not to go to school and I can stay home and my grades will probably improve a lot. I honestly dont get it

Homeschooling means your parents are attending to your education.  

If you don’t have documents from a doctor your missed days are unexcused absences.   Which means you are delinquent.  

No a police officer isn’t going to be delivering you to school each day.  But there are consequences for both you and your parents.  The school can take your parents to court. 

de·lin·quent

/dəˈliNGkwənt/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

adjective: delinquent

(typically of a young person or that person's behavior) showing or characterized by a tendency to commit crime, particularly minor crime.

It is the law you attend school. You are not. You are missing too many days of school.

The public education system is very degenerate.

"Delinquent" just means that you're not doing what you're supposed to do. When people don't pay their bills, they get notices telling them they are delinquent. The country and your community has an interested in children being educated, because then they are able to be productive, self-supporting citizens. If you don't get an education, you'll likely be depending on taxpayers to support you. That's why the police can get involved. 

Home schooling rules vary a lot from state to state. In some, your parents have to show that they have the necessary ability to homeschool, and you have to be tested every year. In others, there are almost no regulations, and many kids fall between the cracks because they don't actually do anything. In any case, people who can't handle going to school are going to find it very difficult to hold down a job, where you also have to get out of bed and go every day. 

• NONAME

police dont do this...because no one cares if you skip school except your parents..

You are mandated by law to attend school until you are 18 in most states, so by "skipping", you are breaking the law.  Hence, you are delinquent.

You don't have "mental" health issues; if you do it's just called being lazy. I'm so tired of your generation claiming all these "mental health" issues and making everyone else have to tippy toe around you because you can't deal with reality and get a proper education. The rest of the population is not on this earth to deal with you're issues and your lack of education making you completely worthless in the workforce. You can  Do better. I know you can. If you cared enough to ask this question on Yahoo! Answers then you can do better than what you're doing. You're just too lazy.