Xjavier asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 2 months ago

Will I be qualified?

My school has a lifeguard recruiter coming to our school for anyone intrested in a summer job, I want to do it just a few problems. One Im not that good of a swimmer and dont know if they would do on the job traing, two, Im not lifegurad certified and dont know if that would be training.

These are the main things, Im confident in everything else just unsure about these two thigns. and Plus i need a summer job

Generally speaking, being a strong swimmer and having certifications (CPR, lifesaving ,etc.) are usually prerequisites for being hired in the first place. You'll have to compete for the job, and there will almost certainly be other applicants who are more qualified.  There are liability concerns on their end that they have be careful about. 

Around here most of the life guards at the local pools (private clubs mostly) are older teens/college age who either are on the swim team or coach on the swim team.