Promoted

Why do Indians spit everywhere?

Even if they don't chew tabaco, pan or gutkah they keep on spitting 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No idea but it's goddamn gross. I lived in Jersey for a while, and I'd see Indians just spitting on the bus or spitting at walls while walking down the road.  It really disgusted me.  I'm glad to find out it's not just me.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ignorance? Lack of education? Fault of the government not addressing the problem and not educating people about the unhealthiness and potential for disease? Or do they see it as a population controller? Is it just Indians though? No. We also have sportsmen of all nationalities who publicly spit unchecked making them gross role models. So it really is a political problem. It used to be forbidden still when I was a child. I remember the notices défense de cracher - no spitting. They knew it spread diseases like tuberculosis. So it's the government you need to ask or lobby.

• 2 months ago

So I assumed this was probably some racist craziness and Googled, and sure enough there's like a million articles by people in India complaining about how people just spit freely wherever they are.

All I could find was several references to it bringing about a sense of equality... aka. No matter how high or low ones' caste, they were still equally free to spit on the same ground.

• 2 months ago

I see it all the time in America.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.