Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Why do people consider a person attracted to 17 year olds, the same as someone attracted to 1 year olds?

I disagree. I do not think being attracted to teens is pedophilia. Being attracted to toddlers is what real pedophilia is. And why do teenagers have sperm and eggs if they're not supposed to have sex, also?

Favorite Answer

Considering that 17 years is above the age of consent in many places (but not all) around the world, pedophilia doesn't apply.

So, you're trying to rationalize your mental deficiencies.

• Janet

That is not the issue. The issue is that as an adult, you automatically have psychological intimidation over 17 year olds, and so they are not ABLE to give full adult-type consent.

That is what an adult having sex with a 17 year old is called "statutory rape" .. they are not mature enough to have consent.

And yes, 18 year olds are no more adult than a 17year old, but the law has to draw the line SOMEWHERE, and 18 is where they have drawn it.

Psychology wise, definitely a crime. Look wise I feel 14 year old girls look like 20 somethings with their makeup, botox, lips, and whatever plastic surgery. I wouldn't blame a guy for mistaking a young girl as I often have an I have no interest in that. We really sexualize everything in today's society.

However when it comes to actually want to date a person under the legal age I think it's clear just with conversations that the older person has the control and advantage which is not safe or right for the young person in question. Someone that wants to manipulate or pursue makes me very uncomfortable.

Age of consent varies from state to state; but the vastly assumed age that people think of is 18. Whatever your state is just go on google and type in "Age of consent in --------"

But its a legal formality based on thinking and reasoning that you see in the answers here to your question. More or less that teens don't really know or understand dating and sex because they are assumed to not be mature enough. On the flip-side its assumed people 18 and up are mature enough to understand sexuality and believe that anyone under age of consent isn't mature enough.

This can and does vary widely from person to person. Some older women like younger guys and likewise older men like younger women; but in both cases it comes with risks because of age of consent laws as well as beliefs and feelings of family and friends.

But yes you're other wise right. From a body sense many girls and guys hit puberty early and develop sensual and sexual feelings early.

• Kimbabe

in the Uk 16 year olds are classed as adults.

Pedophilia is being attracted to someone who is prepubescent so people are inaccurate when they call wanting to have sex with a seventeen year old pedophilia. The reason people think it’s weird only applies when the guy is in his thirties or late twenties and other seventeen year olds question why that person is unable to find someone their own age to be with instead of someone in high school. Finding them attractive though is not a bad thing.