Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

what size mattress should I get?

My sister is coming to visit me for a month. I live in a small place but I will have her sleep in the living room which is spacious. I would like tog et a queen size mattress to put on the floor directly but after she lives, I dont have any place to store it. What should i do?

A queen size bed is 60"wide by about 80"long. That is a big item to fit into a living room and a large bed for one person to sleep in.

Consider a full size bed. Even though it is only 6" smaller in width, it is plenty big enough for a guest, or two.

Buy an air mattress in a full size. Also the sheets. This way, you are always company ready.

Because your living room is large, you can probably fit a daybed in there. Day beds fit a twin size mattress, which sleeps one. This option allows you to keep it set up and can easily be used for extra seating when not used for sleeping. Also, with a trundle mattress under neath, a daybed can turn into a king size bed!

An air mattress is good. You could also look into renting a twin bed. 

• y

Air mattress. The ones one can get now a days are decent enough and with proper care, most can last a while. Some even come with their own pump and such now.  After done with them, deflate, fold, and back in the box for storage.

You only need a twin-sized mattress for one guest. But you could buy an air mattress of any size that you inflate and then deflate to store away for the next visit. Just know that eventually, air mattresses can develop leaks.

just one person? a twin mattress should be fine

Get an inflatable mattress.

Get a futon or air mattress.

inflatable mattress. it deflates after no longer needed and is stored in closet. check usual discount stores and online