Should I date a girl whose friend hates me?

A girl at work asked me out, but I said I'll think about it because there were some things she said about me I didn't like. The entire work night her friend was going on and on about why she shouldn't date me and how much she doesn't like me. She even said if she dates me she won't be friends with her anymore. This girl is really pretty but I don't want to be involved with friends who don't want me around.

Favorite Answer

No. There's an old saying: "You are the company you keep." What that means is people are like those the hang around with, or that they become like those they associate with. 

People are generally drawn together because of similar thought and shared values, for the saying is true: "Birds of a feather flock together." 

So with all that said, her friend is gonna greatly influence her opinion of you, and not in a good way, especially as soon as you two have a disagreement. You have a disagreement, she's gonna talk to her friends about it, and trust me nearly all women do it even if they claim not to, and that includes the one who hates you, and her friend is gonna use that as ammo to negatively affect her opinion of you.My advice would be to not date this girl. It seems like a very bad idea, but if you choose to do so anyway, simply watch and observe, and use good judgment. If you start to see issues, perhaps serious ones, take a step back and think

Her friend is toxic and if you want to put up with that BS, then date the girl who asked you out, i guess? Your decision

Tell her that she and her friend aren't worth the trouble.