promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are adoptees constantly feeling sorry for themselves and acting with hatred towards their adoptive parents?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

IM ADOPTED AND I DONT HATE MY PARENTS. I don't feel sorry for my self because im glad to be adopted . I went through some deep sh*t in foster home . so where ever your getting this stuff its not true . 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • sarah
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I've never met any adoptee (and I know several) who acts the way you describe (with the exception of one, but her adoptive parents did some horrible things that I won't go into detail about since it's not my place, but if you knew the story, you wouldn't blame her one bit for feeling the way she does about them). Everyone else, though, loves their parents, and none of them even consider themselves adopted. Their family is just their family, and that's that.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't know anyone that hates their adoptive parents.  I'm adopted and I never felt sorry I was adopted and I loved my mom and dad very much.  They WERE my mom and dad as far as I was concerned.

• 2 months ago

I have never met an adoptee who felt this way, or acted this way. Most I know are extremely defensive of their parents. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I know three people who were adopted, and this is not true of any of the three.

• 2 months ago

Are we?

I must have missed that.

Our daughter did too.

Source(s): Adoptee, and Adoptive Mom.
  • 2 months ago

They don't in any greater quantity than biological children feel sorry for themselves and show hatred to their parents.  

• 2 months ago

Why are people posting stuff based on sweeping generalizations?

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In reality that hardly ever happens. Just because people who are happy and well adjusted don't post about their adoptions on the internet doesn't mean that they aren't the majority. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You must know a sad 😢 group of people.

• Perickles2 months agoReport

Yes, they are all around internet. Check youtube and facebook. The worst part is that they think that all the adoptions cases are bad and negatives as theirs and they convince other people that are just fine that being adopted is something really bad for them. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.