Why are adoptees constantly feeling sorry for themselves and acting with hatred towards their adoptive parents?

IM ADOPTED AND I DONT HATE MY PARENTS. I don't feel sorry for my self because im glad to be adopted . I went through some deep sh*t in foster home . so where ever your getting this stuff its not true . 

• sarah

I've never met any adoptee (and I know several) who acts the way you describe (with the exception of one, but her adoptive parents did some horrible things that I won't go into detail about since it's not my place, but if you knew the story, you wouldn't blame her one bit for feeling the way she does about them). Everyone else, though, loves their parents, and none of them even consider themselves adopted. Their family is just their family, and that's that.

• Ocimom

I don't know anyone that hates their adoptive parents.  I'm adopted and I never felt sorry I was adopted and I loved my mom and dad very much.  They WERE my mom and dad as far as I was concerned.

I have never met an adoptee who felt this way, or acted this way. Most I know are extremely defensive of their parents. 

I know three people who were adopted, and this is not true of any of the three.

Are we?

I must have missed that.

Our daughter did too.

Source(s): Adoptee, and Adoptive Mom.

They don't in any greater quantity than biological children feel sorry for themselves and show hatred to their parents.  

Why are people posting stuff based on sweeping generalizations?

• Jill

In reality that hardly ever happens. Just because people who are happy and well adjusted don't post about their adoptions on the internet doesn't mean that they aren't the majority. 

You must know a sad 😢 group of people.

• Perickles2 months agoReport

Yes, they are all around internet. Check youtube and facebook. The worst part is that they think that all the adoptions cases are bad and negatives as theirs and they convince other people that are just fine that being adopted is something really bad for them.