Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I want to have another baby but not with my cheating husband and I am getting old now I will be 39 soon?

I honestly want to have another baby but not with my cheating husband.  I know we won’t last forever since he’s been cheating on me and it looks like we will be getting a divorce sometime soon because of his cheating and affairs. He is in the Navy and we have been married for almost 17 years.  I love him but he doesn’t treat or respect me like he used to and I am tired of it.  I really want to have another baby because I want my child to have a sibling, but I don’t feel I could bring another child into this world with a horrible husband and a cheating spouse. What should I do? Should I just forget about it? And just live with having one child? I am turning 39 soon and of course for women the biological clock is ticking. I think maybe one more child before I leave this earth? But should I look into fertility treatments? I know my husband and I won’t last longer, because I’m tired of his cheating and I know I don’t deserve it. Please no bad feedbacks, just an honest feedback thank you! 

Favorite Answer

Many women want a child but not a husband.  Given that your first child is to that husband my advice is to hold off on the divorce.  Get pregnant to your husband.  Have the baby.  THEN initiate proceedings for divorce.  It is best for both of your children.  You don't have to like your husband.  Every other option has a big downside.  Even leaving your existing child as an only child.  So swallow your pride, have the child and then try to give them both a good life.

As a former US Navy Sailor I understand the temptations. Especially when you are thousands of miles apart. But, its up to you, YOU need to decide what you want to do. But, I would talk with him seriously about your lives. You are NOT getting any younger.

If you don't want a baby with your husband, but do want another child, then your options are:

- another father (whether that be a new relationship, or a sperm donor)

- adoption

If you don't want to stay with your husband, this is a choice you should probably decide on too.