Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

Is this even possible? ?

So this is a long one but I would appreciate any genuine answers please. So I have been married for many years and have lots of kids with my husband. We had a break up 5 years ago for a few days. I slept with another man. He pulled out! Then I got back with my husband and we had lots of unprotected sex as usual. I find out I am pregnant a few weeks later. Now I wasn’t even worried about who was the father BUT I did technically get pregnant that week and using a conception calculated online... based on when she was born it would be more likely to be the other guy BUT he 100% pulled out. I keep over thinking it now and I keep thinking my daughter looks like this other guy now and he has asked for a paternity test which I said isn’t needed but what are the actual chances?!! I KNOW he pulled out and he knows he did to.... I don’t need to be graphic but he did. My due date was a certain date which would have been more indicative of my husband but she was born a week early. Now I’m confused if she was just a week early or if it’s possible that was the due date. I haven’t doubted any of this until these last 2 weeks when the other dude and his wife has contacted me. My husband hasn’t got a clue and I’m so upset and over thinking it all. 

• Edna

The "other guy" could absolutely be the child's father, even if he did "pull out".  Pulling out is NOT birth control. Most guys begin ejaculating (even if it's only a few drops) BEFORE they're physically able to pull completely out.

You have no way of knowing when you "technically" got pregnant, and you can't trust an online pregnancy calculator to be able to determine when you conceived. 

The only way you're going to know for sure is with a paternity test, using a DNA sample from your husband and from the other guy. Since the other guy is asking for a paternity test, your husband is going to "get a clue", and very soon. 

He can absolutely be your child's father.

You need the DNA test. If your child finds out in the future, and there are many ways including DNA tests from ancestry or 23and me, it won't be good. At all.

Pulling out isn't birth control.  I'm not sure why you think it is.  Of course he can be the father.  Guess it's time to come clean and tell your husband he may have been raising another man's child these last few years.   You slept with two men within the same span of days.  Of course you need a DNA test.   Seriously, you got back together with your husband without telling him you had sex with someone else and opened you both up to STI possibilities?  Then you found out a couple weeks later you were pregnant and never thought your husband should know some other guy's sperm was still alive in you when you had sex with your husband again?  That's not a mature and healthy marriage.  That's you being a liar.

EVERY method of birth control has a FAILURE RATE.

The failure rate for pulling out is the HIGHEST because pulling out is NOT BIRTH CONTROL.

The ONLY way to know for sure who the father of the baby is would be a DNA test.

Congrats on destroying your marriage.

The other guy is the father 100%

Pulling out has 0.00% chances of working.  The other guy is almost certainly the father.

• Edna

"Pulling out" is NOT birth control!!  "Pulling out" is one of the most sure-fire means of getting pregnant that there is!