Should I stay or let him go? Feelings not mutual ?

I feel dumb even asking this but there’s this guy I really like but I’m convinced the feelings aren’t mutual. We met on the job. Honestly our relationship was just physical but we been seeing each other for over 2 years.  I stopped seeing him when he told me his wife was pregnant.

I then realized what I was doing and felt bad. 

Well he’s reached out to me a couple months ago (precisely about a year later)and all the feelings I had came back. The thing is he told me they weren’t on good terms but To me they were on good enough terms where she ended up pregnant. He says he missed me and thought about me the whole time and wanted to know why I disappeared. He told me there not together anymore and he wants to see me. 

My issue with him is he hardly contacts me. I don’t feel he makes an effort. He gets back to me in text either 6-12 hours later. I’m just about done. I guess I’m hung up on the sex. But right now I’m falling back and I guess just want confirmation that me letting him go is the right thing to do. 

Favorite Answer

Lack of contact and lack of emotional support are kind of exactly the problems you can expect when you date a married person.  Certain problems are common in certain types of relationships.

Of course he'd like to see you again, because he gets to have (probably really good) sex with you without all the complications of a heavy relationship.  Nobody in the civilized world actually wants more than one spouse.  That's something you might want to consider, especially since this guy is still married.

I'm not judging you over any of this, and neither should anyone else.  You didn't promise any loyalty to his wife and sign a legal contract with her, he did.  Single people don't owe loyalty to anyone, which is the sole advantage of being single.

But stop fooling yourself into thinking he might have special feelings for you, because he doesn't.  If he wants a fully committed relationship with the home-for-dinner and the 'special' exclusive feelings, he can get that from his wife.  If he wants to stick something in a different body once in a while, that's where you come into the picture.  Forgive the pun.

• janet2 months agoReport

Hands down best answer. You answered all my questions without even knowing 

You are wasting time with him and time is limited.

Of course it's the right thing to do.