Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Is Nottingham a good city to visit?

I’ve always wanted to go to England, and plan to do so very soon. I have been thinking to visit Nottingham. Is it a good city for a tourist?

Well they have the oldest pub (Public House) in England, named 'The Trip to Jerusalem'.

It's a very nice city to visit -2 brilliant shopping centres and 2 decent football clubs with a rich history.

• TSK

For a few hours...

It is a very black/Pakistani immigrant city

It doesn’t have much then I’ve been there once during, a day out. The day was very short as we visited during, the beginning of January - then what they did have was The National Justice Museum and Robin Hood (which we did not visit). 

• Maxi

Depends on what you like........ it is central so easy to get to, has a great transport system, two very large indoor shopping centres and btween them is the city and shops and it is all safe as no cars are allowed, a city and country full of history there is Nottingham castle within walking distance of the shops and the Nottingham Castle Marina again in the heart of the city, in one of the shopping centres is the entrance to extensive under ground caves which are open to the public..the canal which is lovely to walk alng, eat a picnic by and 2mins walk from city centre across from the train station so all very easy for tourists with lots of lovely cafes and restaurants, pubs and clubs within easy walking.

In so far as 'Robin Hood' that is north Nottinghamshire, ( 25 miles north)...so Sherwood Forest visitors centre, walk, major oak etc...easy to get to by car, train, bus.

I lived for 18 yrs in Nottinghamshire and any visitors we had who came to stay/visit  loved going into Nottingham

Robin Hood and real history, The National Justice Museum and the cave system underneath Nottingham Castle. 

I would not consider Nottingham much of a place for a tourist to visit.

I don't think Nottingham has ever been the obvious choice for a tourist... what made you choose it?

• Clive

There's not much I can think of to see there, but it's a nice city.