Anonymous

Thinking of becoming a stripper - serious question/advice needed?

I've been thinking of being a dance/stripper. I know, I know. It's "disgraceful". I know all the lines that go with it.

The reason I want to is I've heard it's a decent way to make pretty good extra money. I need that right now. I do work full-time, but I don't quite make what I'd like and could stand solid extra money. Yeah I know there's places to sell stuff like eBay, but that isn't a guarantee. People actually have to BUY the item. Then you have to take off the fees and such that eBay and PayPal charge you to use their services. It ends up not being all that worthwhile in most cases.

With my job's hours, it may be hard to find a "real" second job. I would probably be at minimum wage, part-time and in my state, minimum wage isn't anything special (it's less than $9.00)… so it may not be worth my time. I could only work maybe 4 hours a night IF I could find a place that would accept part-time help in the evenings. I wouldn't be bringing home enough to make it worth my time.

With stripping, I've heard you're able to work just certain nights if you want. I could do Fridays/Saturdays and maybe sometimes other nights too (depending on how long a shift would be). I just don't know what all goes into becoming a stripper/dancer. I've heard that I'm pretty/good looking, people compliment the perfumes I wear, people tell me I'm friendly/approachable/easy to talk to, I don't really wear it currently but I do know how to apply makeup. Is that enough? Is stripping really worth it?

Also, how do strippers file taxes? Obviously it IS still a job/income and you're working for someone/an employer, so surely they have to, right? Do the full-time strippers just get W2s like everyone else? And if stripping isn't the right choice, what else can I do to bring in some extra money?

The first sentence should say "dancer" not "dance". Stupid autocorrect. And I know strippers do not make an hourly wage. I know they kind of make whatever. I was wondering if you do get money tossed when you're on stage, is it yours, or do you share with the other girls currently working that night? Who gets a cut of the private room dances and stuff if you get a request for that? I am looking for a way to make SURE money, so other suggestions are welcome as well.

• Edwena
    Favorite Answer

OK. It will work if you are a combination superior looks and personality. You can judge that easily by going to a club and doing a couple of dances, 1 with your clothes and the other stripped down to a panty and bra. When you strip, if the place goes quiet and the men stop talking, you know that you have what it takes. If you strip and they continue on with the noise don't pay much attention, you are not attractive enough to do what you want to do. The reason being that you have to build a customer base to extract money from. Men who will pay for you to sit there while they drink beer. So you have to be a prize. If you can bring in money to the club, then you can pretty much control the conditions that you work. However, being too special will make everyone else mad at you, and that affects the club. So you have to be flexible. Follow the club rules.

Strippers will still get W2's and strippers will be filing their taxes in the same way, that everybody else files their taxes. 

• ?

Start a webcam business, then sell your used underwear. Big bucks. Then look into donating plasma, you could make an extra $300-400 a month for a few hours.

thats up to you if you want to be one

Take your own disinfectant.

thats up to you if you want to do that