Is it a bad idea to want to move to another state after graduating? ?

I’m 17 and currently a senior in HS. After graduating hs I was planning to get a job and save up some money so I could move to Mexico. My entire family, (who I’ve never met before), lives there. My parents are also from there, but moved to the US and I was born here, I’m also an only child. I just don’t think I’d be comfortable living in the US all alone. (My parents said they plan on moving back when they’re older). I like living here, but I also want to meet my family and preferably don’t want to live the rest of my life away from them. Is this a bad idea?

Favorite Answer

I would say before making a decision, visit for awhile see if you'll like it. Ask if you can spend an entire summer there with your family, then from there make a decision.

• Foofa

I'd say this sort of depends on where in Mexico you'd be living. Some parts are pretty dicey. But if you've got family support and they live in a relatively safe city, go for it. You're a US citizen and could always just decide to move back to the States if you find you don't like it in Mexico.

Good gracious no. Do not move there. Try to live there for a month to see if its what you really want at least

I don't know if it's a good or bad idea for you. But i think your first plan of action might be to consider going there to visit once for a week or two first -- that way you can make an informed decision before you pack up and move it all to Mexico.

No, it's a great idea to want to move. Lots of people do, there's not a thing wrong with it.

I think it's great to relocate 

Opens up other opportunities 

i dont think so

thats up to you,you should live wherever you want to live

• Jahal

Wait-what? You're about to be a high school graduate and should know the difference between a country and a state.

Hope it's a safe part of Mexico. Going for a visit first os definitely a great idea!

Sounds like a good idea.  Presumably you have a command of the language and an American passport.   Your parents presumably had good reason to move the the USA, but if they intend to go back, then I think you should go see for yourself.  You have choices.

first you should go for a visit and get to know your distant relatives for a week or two. Then you can get a job and save if you think you still want to move there. that would be the mature thing to do in my opinion