promotion image of download ymail app

What paint to use on my cars Interior panels?

So I have an older car that has the paint worn off on things like Power windows switch, well by this I mean the little picture of a window that's painted on next to the Power window switch. I want to repaint those things myself, my problem is I don't know what kind of paint to use. Thanks.

3 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Acrylic Enamel, available at hobby shops, even Jo Ann's in small bottles.

    Easy to use, cleans up easily with water before it dries, then becomes bullet proof when dry.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    The guys who have those used appliance shops can usually help. They can make a stencil (with a computer) and then you can use a paint similar to the same they use to repaint oven or range dials on used ovens or ranges. It's usually an enamel paint that is heat resistant since they use in on stove top dials and panels. 

    Good Luck!

    (Or just replace the switches)

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Rattle can paint.  Mask off surrounding areas before painting.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.