What is the best projector?

I’m looking for a projector to project a 60inch screen, I’ll be seated a little bit over 6 feet away, is it wiser to get a known brand(benq optoma Epson) 480p or go with a Chinese 720p or 1080p projector. Any model numbers or names are greatly helpful.

My budget preferably is 350 or lower.

There are several good projectors you can purchase under 350. Some of them are:

- ViewSonic PA503S 3600 

- Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector.

- BenQ SVGA Business Projector (MS524AE)

- DBPOWER Projector.

- ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector with Dual Harman Kardon Speakers.

With that budget, name brand used.

• Lance

Its better to stick with a name brand; for those off brands quality and reliability is unknown I mean you could get a good one who knows you'd be taking a chance.Optoma was actually one of those brands a few years back. The picture looked good and the price was right but no one knew if they were reliable or not...Today Optoma is considered a known brand because they have a proven track record....What Projector depends a lot on the size of your room; how many seating positions; type of screen used; how much lighting control you have, ceiling mount or on a coffee table and how far away(not you but the projector). Also is the room a dedicated Home theater room or multi use....But just generally speaking I would take a look at projectors by View Sonic (PA503W) Optoma (S343) and others...

Always buy a good name brand.

When a company has a reputation to protect,

you have a better chance of getting something that will last.