Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

Cuts between toes? ?

Ok so ive had this probelm for YEARS. Ever since childhood i would get cuts between my toes if i stretch them to far apart. And the skin between my toes are always very weak. 

Its better/worse depending on the time of year. During the winter my skin gets really dry wich aggrivates my skin so i moisturize but then the moisture makes it worse. Then during warmer months it gets better but never tottaly gose away. 

I wash my feet well everyday and regulalry clean and change my sock/shoes. Ive tried everything from creams to powders and different shoes nothing works. 

Theres no itch. Theres no rash. No other synptoms what so ever. Its just as if between my toes are perminatly wet even when they arnt wet. 

Everytime i try and look it up all i get is results for athletes foot ive even tried treating for athletes foot but nothing. I really dont think its that. Any help on what this could be?  

Favorite Answer

Possibly contact dermatitis from material in your socks and shoes. (Detergent maybe?) Try using Daktarin cream on one foot only just to prove if it's fungal-related. The only cracked skin remedy that ever worked for me is one that contains urea.

What else is different about winter? Not so much sunshine and probably not as much exercise. So you need more Vitamin A and D. If you're not a meat eater and/or can't take Cod Liver Oil then it's hard to get Vitamin D other than from certain mushrooms. You can eat Spinach for the Vitamin A

Stop stretching them too far apart.

Sounds like athlete's foot. Get ye to a pharmacy.

Sounds like you've had Athlete's Foot or a similar fungal infection for years. Since OTC treatments haven't worked, it's time for a real diagnosis and Rx treatment from a doctor.

Try a antifungal cream.

Vasoline.

Baby oil.

See a chiropodist or a doctor.

Despite your own efforts you still most likely have Athlete’s Foot or a similar fungal infection.

Professionals have access to treatments which you cannot buy over a pharmacy counter.