Looking to buy non-cvt SUV, Santa Fe or Rav4?

The Toyota Rav4 has better resale value, is smaller with better gas mileage.

The Hyundai Santa Fe has better warranty.

Does anyone know why Rav4 changed from CVT to 8 speed automatic? Note: the hybrid is CVT.  Did the CVT hurt sales so Toyota went back to 8 speed tranny? I wouldn't have considered a Rav4 with CVT.

Anyway, what configuration would be good for a NY driver, FWD or AWD? I don't drive in bad weather. Another thing, I like a peppy engine, which is best, more powerful engine in Santa Fe or Rav4?

Which SUV 2020 would you buy, Santa Fe or Rav4?

Favorite Answer

I hate suv's but if i was forced to get one then i would get the mazda cx5 with front wheel drive. Don't get awd with a 4 cyclinder unless it is turbocharged because it will feel underpowered.

I see you already have selected best answer. While I agree that more then likely the Mazda is a better buy, I have to suggest a Subaru is a better choice. They have been in the business of AWD longer then almost (if not all) car makers out there. The problem is that you living in prime Subaru country (in NY the Subaru is already the preferred vehicle by those who know cars and are of average income or less) getting a good deal is going to be difficult. More so used then new.

RAV4 Hydrid AWD.

Toyota hi lux 2019