Bright light blue flashes of light in my room?

I just want to preface this by saying I've never had a paranormal or ghost experience in my life, but I've always been curious and open to the topic. Recently, I've been trying to become more "spiritual" by meditating and the such. I've heard that opening your "chakras" especially your third eye can open up a whole new realization and awareness for yourself. Anyways, I was kind of skeptical about the whole thing and was meditating more to find peace. Well, around 3 am this morning I was just starting to fall asleep and I wake up to this light blue/white flash of light in my room that I can see through my eyelids. At first, I thought it was my Alexa acting up so I just went back to sleep and was awakened by this flash again. I looked out my window to see if it could be car lights but there weren't any cars. I'm sitting in my bed starting to freak out and I see ANOTHER flash of this light on the wall beside my bed. I turned on my lamp and refuse to go back to sleep because this really freaked me out. Any thoughts/explanations on this would be helpful; sorry if I'm sounding crazy hahah. (PS- I'm living in an apartment complex that is brand new; no one has lived in this unit before me). 

• Gary K
    Favorite Answer

Firstly, there is no such such thing as chakras or third eyes. 

Second, you are most probably experiencing a neurological phenomenon, hypnagogic hallucination, vision disorder, or a symptom of something else completely natural.

There is no need to invoke superstition. If it continues, talk to your doctor. 

Actually flashes you see are a medical eye issue, you need to bring this up with your doctor the next checkup you have.

-----------------------------

Are eye flashes serious?

Seeing flashes of light or getting a new floater or many floaters can be a sign that the vitreous gel is pulling on your retina. The retina is the tissue at the back of the eye that receives images. ... Doctors call this “retinal detachment.” A retinal detachment is a very serious condition that is treated with surgery.

www.oregoneyes.net › eye-floaters-and-flashes-when-are-they-serious

Eye Floaters and Flashes: When Are They Serious?

Lots of people climb out their back windows when there is a flashing blue light outside.

• Brian

It could be a Ghostly siting of the Old Blue Light Special at K-Mart.