promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesVolkswagen · 2 months ago

What car should I go with? ?

Im a first time buyer and I got approved for a Brand new 2019 Volkswagen Jetta S and a Used 2019 Toyota Camry SE . The Jetta is brand new and its the basic model of the Jetta ,0 miles. The Camry is used w 36k miles but caries more features than the jetta. Their both around the same price range but I want to know which one will be the most realiable in the long run and will give me less problems.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The Toy should be cheaper as I figure a car should have 10K/year average driving on it and you got 36K.?  That is like 3 years of driving WEAR.   Don't care if Toy believes themselves to be a better car because all cars wear out.   VW is selling by name branding and is a fairly decent car.  If you are stuck on needing an automatic transmission, then go with the Toy.  VW never will make a good automatic.  You got to think at RESALE time, which one is going to have the better resale value.  Right now the Asian cars are leading.  Many more people are driving Asian cars than Euro cars.  Both need maintenance. If you ignore that then you deserve to walk.  Even a horse needs food and water...or it breaks down and dies for the vultures.(that is your cue to do maintenance BEFORE IT BREAKS DOWN)

. The driver mental state really matters.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ic8v8vovivi8cucuxciv

• 2 months ago

If you want a minimum of headaches, stay with Toyota. Both these cars have maintenance requirements to keep the warranties valid. The average maintenance cost of a VW is 700 a year and Toyota is 400. Also, there are a lot more independent mechanics out there that are more comfortable working on Toyotas than VW..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Definitely get the Toyota and see if you can get it new. Volkswagens are junk trust me stay away especially from the turbo engines because my coworker had one and the piston rings were shot at 70k and it had the 1.8 turbo.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Thirty six thousand is high miles for a one year old car. With the VW, you get bumper to bumper warranty. And you will be protected by your state's Lemon Law if anything goes wrong. Those laws do not apply to used vehicles.

Source(s): Retired claims adjuster.
    • ron h
      Lv 7
      1 week agoReport

But he will still have a VW. 

• Anton
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Camry, 36K miles in one year.  Toyota says to do the engine oil every 5,000 miles.

Did the prior owner have the service every 2 months, or did he abuse the vehicle?

With the Jetta, you get a factory warranty, and you will KNOW that it gets regular servicing.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you will be driving the car until the University of Alabama bans college football, you get the Toyota.

• 2 months ago

i think either of them would be a good car

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.