Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Why do you use or used hallucinogenic drugs ? Doesn't scare you seeing things that don't exist and hearing voices ?

Favorite Answer

I never used any drugs  apart from fllthy smokes .since quit them 

• ausblue

thanks:)

If you want to include meth. Yes I have. It took a while for that to happen (days without sleep) but once it happens you're in for a wild ride. Why I did it? No reason it just happened.

Initial reason for using: I was in a sh*tty, dark, awful place in life, and I wanted to change. Which.. it definitely 100% gave me what I sought, and SO much more! Spiritually opened me up, and helped me see life and the universe as a beautiful place, and changed EVERYTHING, in the best way! 8 years after that initial experience, I still maintain that it's one of the best decisions I've EVER made in my life. And other than falling in love with my now partner / soulmate..? The most beautiful, most important thing that's ever happened to me. <3

Reasons why I still use them on rare occasions: Because I still love them, and I LOVE the states of consciousness they help me reach. That state of beauty, awe, wonder, transcendence, oneness with the universe and the divine at large, etc. It's just BEAUTIFUL. And I consider them spiritual sacraments of immeasurable value! And usually take them in sacred, ceremonial contexts. Although I do occasionally trip on my own as well. <3

I never did see it as "seeing things that don't exist". I see it as experiencing reality in a different way, and from a different perspective, that's not normally available to us. Through bypassing the normal, day-to-day filters of our brains, and just letting through EVERYTHING! What it actually does..? Is: it breaks down those filters, and it hyper-connects your brain. For a short while. Although once you've been there, you'll always know, and it's always with you. So it very well may have some residual, permanent effects on brain functioning as well. I know my reality has never been the same again. But in the BEST way. And no.. None of it scares me. Although I've had a few scary, dark experiences too, yes. But I find, it's always ultimately for the better. And you learn and grow through ALL of it. Light and darkness are really just two different aspects of the same thing, ultimately. And you can't have one without the other.

Anyway... I'm not saying this path is for everyone! It's not. Different strokes for different folks, and that's ESPECIALLY true as far as these things go! There are definitely people out there who should not take psychedelics. All I know is, personally..? It's been one of the BEST decisions I've ever made in life! And I know I'm definitely not the only one. <3

When I was a teenager I tried them twice and both times I regretted it. None for me thank you.

• ღAmayAღ (Pond)

Good illustration of it not being for everyone. And.. fair enough. :)