promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 2 months ago

Can you be a famous singer without doing concerts?

Would it be possible to become a famous singer while refusing to do concerts?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I suppose that's possible.  But, I would think that a singer would want to take advantage of every available venue to showcase their talent and grow their fan base.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless the singer owns their own recording label, concerts is where the performers make the majority of their money. It isn't by selling records. Nearly all that money goes to the record company.

• 2 months ago

That's like becoming President without campaigning. The biggest problem with your premise is that now that selling recorded music is so difficult, with all the free access to billions of songs by competitors and other genres, that the average starting singer or musician can only make bigger money with a live performance.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Didn't Rebecca Black become (in)famous for her 'Friday' hit?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No, it's not possible but I suspect it's nothing for you to be concerned about.

• 2 months ago

I suppose you could but there aren't many famous singers who don't do concerts. Singers actually make their money from concerts. Record companies make money from recordings. Most artist don't receive that much from recordings.

• 2 months ago

The problem is that records, tapes, and CDs are pretty much dead. Everything is streamed or stolen. Most of the money is made in concerts.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Kate Bush has only toured one time (1979) in almost 40 years of being a recording artist.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes you could.............

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.