Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 2 months ago

Why do people like hard candy?

I don’t see what the big deal is. Hard candy is more of a chore then something to enjoy. Every Halloween I throw all my hard candy away or give it to my grandpa. I don’t see how sucking on an individual piece for 10 minutes is remotely enjoyable. Biting it hurts your teeth I mean what is the point?

It would be an odd world if everyone liked the exact same thing. I hate peanut butter. I personally think peanut butter should be removed from the planet. I gag on it, cannot eat any food that it is in or has touched. But~~ people who like it would be upset with what I am saying. Get where I am going with this?

mwahaha--my brother told me a few weeks ago that I had "old people candy" to which he was referring to my sf caramel candies...I have no self control with real caramels....and the sf ones will KILL you if you eat too many....so the hard version was the only safe choice....

• denise

It keeps you mouth moist,  helps you concentrate, keeps away the hunger pangs if its not close to mealtime, helps to stop your ears going weird on flights.

Different people have different tastes.

hard candy is good because it is like biting on ice. Ice melts and turns into water. water is like pee. WHO DOESN'T LIKE PEE

You're supposed to suck on it until it dissolves. Not crunch it.

It's a way to enjoy some sweetness without ingesting a ton of calories.

• ted

I like hard candy, because it lasts in my mouth for 5 to 10 minutes.  

Tbh I agree, I am not a fan of hard candy, yet I still eat it. I guess it's because of the taste & its length. As you're sucking it, it lasts for longer rather than it being gone in seconds.

The point of it is to last, so you have something for 10 minutes and not 10 seconds.