promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 2 months ago

Who do i need to see?

Im getting some pimple on the shaft(head of my penis), went to my physician, he said i got hsv 1(type one herpes) and that it was because of that, he did some test and i was negative for the type 2(genital herpes) so my thing is if its type one, i shouldnt have a breakout down there as far as ik, and i think/feel its an infection or something else...who should i see? A urologist or a dermatologist?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • You can get HSV1 on your genitals, if you receive oral sex from some one that gets cold sores which are caused by HSV1. Usually it's not pimples, herpes usually looks like blisters or open paper cut like sores that cause itching, burning and or tingling symptoms at the location of the break out.

Some people get milder break outs then others, not every one gets all the classic symptoms of a herpes break out. You can see another physician, or go back to your doctor and ask them to test you for both types of herpes. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I am pretty sure part of this is made up.

• 2 months ago

You can get type 1 on your penis. You want a second opinion, see derm. If he tested the lesions for DNA and that is what came back, it’s definitive.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

dermatologist...................................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can get type 1 herpes on your genital when you receive oral sex. You don't need to see anyone except maybe buy condoms and use them anytime you have any type of sex.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.