promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to teach kids respect in modern times, is giving a 7 year old kid a computer/smartphone a wise thing to do your thoughts spiritually?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope. I don't even own one of those things. I sure as spit wouldn't give one to a child. A book, sure. A bat and glove and ball? Yep. Even board games and the like. But the bright, flashing, deliberately distracting and addicting computer smart phone? No way in heck. When in high school, perhaps.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Giving small kids all that tech is a bad idea.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Frankly, I don't understand your correlation between gift-giving, and teaching respect. The quality of a true gift should be irrelevant.

• 2 months ago

>> How to teach kids respect in modern times <<

The same way it's always been done

with

perhaps

some effort on the parents' part to disallow watching of TV programs where the characters are thoroughly disrespectful.

>> is giving a 7 year old kid a computer/smartphone a wise thing to do your thoughts spiritually <<

A computer is fine

if the parent is smart enough to set up a "family-safe" filter

(which is free and not extremely difficult)

and if the parent controls how much time a child spends on the computer.

In my opinion

(you can tell I'm old school)

a child should have a phone that is constrained in such a way that it only dials specific numbers

i.e. home, parent's workplace(s), emergency numbers.

I see no need for a child (at any age) to have their own phone for other than emergency contact and parental convenience.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.