promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 2 months ago

Who came first, the black person or the white person?

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The earliest humans were in Africa.  Pale skin didn't start until a population moved far enough North that it was an advantage to have pale skin (it absorbs more ultraviolet and increases vitamin D).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin#Evolutionary...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • White people came first. And they're the greatest race that ever lived. 

• 2 months ago

Current hypothesis is that our early human ancestors came from the east part of Africa.  They would have looked a lot like today's residents, i.e. black.

• 2 months ago

I would say that those two individuals came at about the same time (similar in age).  In terms of human characteristics, "white" (meaning lack of lots of dermal pigmentation) is something which arose later than the development of humans as a species.  From what we can tell, humans came into existence in a subtropical location where low pigmentation would have been counterproductive (been harmful for survival).  After migration to more boreal regions, the loss of pigmentation became favorable because of changes in amount of exposure to sunlight.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It would be cool if, instead of wondering about stuff like this, you actually sat around and wondered things like, how can i make my community better...who can I help today...I wonder where I could do some volunteer work to help abused animals...

do you get it ?

• Robin W
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

that is not what this forum is for

• 2 months ago

The black race. Our first human ancestors lived in Africa.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Was Adam Black or was he White? Ask urself that. According to the books of religion Adam and his wife were neither. They were middle eastern 

• Robin W
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Adam is a myth

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

so far black. Lucy's bones found in Africa are the oldest known. BOO YAH!!

• 2 months ago

Everyone talking about the whites and the blacks but no one is talking about Asians.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.