Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

Why do I feel so sad and angry?

For the past few weeks for no reason I’ve been feeling really sad and extremely irritable. I normally don’t like to isolate myself from others but that’s all i really have been wanting to do. The second anyone be it family member or anyone says a single word to me I just feel this spike of anger and I just want to scream at them to just leave me alone. Why do I feel like this? I don’t understand... This isn’t normal for me...

Favorite Answer

We're in no position to diagnose. I'll just say that irritability is often a sign of depression.  You can take a screening test online such as CESD R, or KADS 6-Item if you're a teenager.

A good way to calm down when we're upset if just to breathe slowly till we feel OK. A pair of psychiatrists recommend a rate of 5 breaths a minute. Breathe gently through your nose, 6 sec inhale and 6 sec exhale.

Info about depression and other mental health problems in my answers. Of course you're welcome to click on my name and read.

Isolate yourself from everubody a good month. You'll start missing everybody you pushed away, and be hungry for their attention