I am moving into a motel any suggestions I might of over looked ?
I receive SSDI benefits approximately $1800 a month. I can't find an apartment within my budget they all want double or triple the rent and nearly perfect credit 750 or above. I have tried the roommate thing multiple times it just does not work out.
Here's a short list of things I'm going to do before I move in.
1. Buy comat, bleach, bleach hand wipes, Demetrius earth. Laundry soap and dryer sheets.
2. I am going to wipe down the door handle entering and exiting the room, the same with the bathroom door handle. I am going to clean the microwave and refrigerator. I am going to scrub the toilet and bathtub along with buying a shower mat.
3. Wash the curtains, pillows, sheets, towels and wash clothes.
4. Spread the Demetrius earth all over the carpet and mattress for 72 hours.
5. Vacum and shampoo the carpet and mattress .
6. I am considering putting three inch screws into the door to reinforce it but not sure if they will allow me to do so.
7. Buy my own plates, cups, sliverware, pots and pans. Since the room has a kitchenette along with an oven.
The room is $225 a week which is $900 a month with hotel tax which is about $100. I can stay long as I want no switching rooms or having to leave every 29 days then come back.
I have life insurance of $50,000 after the death if my dad.
I just want a place that is clean, stress free, smoke free, drama free .
Not sure but can I pay for the room with a prepaid credit card that way I am not over charged.
I do need to find out if the $225 is done every Friday weekly or is it just once a month thing.
@ Gypsyfish. No I'm not germophobic I am trying to prevent dealing with roaches, rats and bed bugs.
@ SimplytheFACTS your right but figured between washing the curtains, sheets, using vacum, shampooer and DE would not hurt. I will get bedbug traps too. I can do the best that I can.
- JohnLv 76 months ago
>tried the roommate thing multiple times it just does not work out.
Just can't imagine why that could be......
- 6 months ago
Technically, there are all kinds of colorful ways in which you can be fired from a hotel, as staff have the legal right to evict guests for any reason they deem appropriate, even for reasons that are not explicitly prohibited. ... After all, the rebel guest is the one who breached his contract with the hotel.
- A HunchLv 76 months ago
You want a pay that is "clean", "stress free", "smoke free", and "drama free"....
yet you posted about a pay by the week motel in Southern California....
Have you seen pay by the week motels in Southern California?
I do not envision a situation that you are going to get any of your desires.
Your SSDI does not change amounts, when you move.
Move out of SoCal.
New Mexico will probably provide the rent that you need so you can have your own apartment.
- SimplytheFACTSLv 76 months ago
DE alone will not stop bed bugs.
there are 'hotel locks' that brace the door shut while you are inside, they do not permanently attach
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- GypsyfishLv 76 months ago
Are you a germophobe? Most people don't get sick from staying in motels. Germs don't grow on clean, dry surfaces. The motel sounds like a good option for you.