promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My 2002 Honda Crv calls for tire size 205/70r15, can I use 205/75r15  ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Warning: If you have the Real Time 4 Wheel Drive model, it will be a very bad thing. The tires need to be the same diameter. 75 series is not recommended as a replacement for the 70 Series. Having the tire a different diameter could lead to premature wear of All Wheel Drive system, costing thousands in repairs.

The CR-V with R/T 4WD is front drive and oprates like many AWD systems. It's based on the diameter of your tires. They have to be the same diameter all the way around. If you have 70% wear on your tires and you get a flat, you have to replace all four. Most people don't know this and it is bad for the vehicles. no joke.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You could, Raul, but the taller sidewall tire would decrease your Honda's handling, stability and control.  In fact it could be quite sloppy.

Why would you want to install a tire size which would not give your CR-V the best possible handing?  I know I would.  

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, you can. There's not enough difference in size to make it a problem.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes                

Source(s): real world experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not recommended as the 75 series will be 3.07% larger in overall diameter. It is never recommended to go over or under 3%. Your speedometer will read 2 mph slow. Handling and barking will be negatively effected. You will also have 1/2" less tread width. Stick with the OEM size. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.