Do people still play Chicago, the band, songs at weddings. If so, which ones did u hear and what part of the wedding was it played?

• Kelly
    Favorite Answer

Most weddings I've been to have music of all generations.

You still hear Chicago, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Etta James as well as Ariana Grande, Beyonce, Katy Perry...  most DJ's with experience keep up with music trends and hang on to old favorites too.

I didn't do a playlist, my DJ did it for me.  I just told him specifically music I did not want.

Yeah, if there is a classic rock kind of vibe thing going on, sure thing!

Personally, I would only play their rockin' songs.   There is not enough wine in the world to accompany any of those cheesy Peter Cetera love songs, especially the ones he did after Chicago. 

If you want people to dance, you might want to consider carefully which song(s) you select.   Styles of dancing differ and need a certain rhythm.    While everyone loves a little "Saturday in the Park", it's not really a song you're going to boogie down to. 

• Jerry

At weddings, old songs that are familiar to all get all kinds of people out on the dance floor while new songs that are familiar only to the younger crowd drive everyone else away from the dance floor. I'm not sure I understand the "what part of the wedding" stuff. Some people have dancing both before and after the meal, some have dancing after the meal only, and so on.