BOOKS: What's a novel that you'd highly recommend about a true crime (non-fiction)?

Update:

You may recommend a book or a novel. It's alright if the story is inspired by true events, so there's some true & fictional elements...as long as it's based on a crime that actually took place. Thank you. 

"In Cold Blood" sounds great, and it's on my list. I've read "Helter Skelter" by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jen
    Lv 6
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know if you're looking for something like "In Cold Blood" or regular true crime. All of the following books are about true crime, but they can't all be called novels. I found them all pretty involving. 

Serpentine and Blood and Money by Thomas Thompson

And the Sea Will Tell and Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi

Small Sacrifices and If You Really Loved Me by Ann Rule

Edit - Okay, thanks. I thought of another good one - A Death in White Bear Lake by Barry Siegel. This is book about an atrocious woman who adopted and fostered children with one little boy winding up dead. It truly broke my heart. 

• Amber
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Helter Skelter

the stranger beside me (ted bundy)

too be honest you can google your question and get a whole list, but those were the ones I found interesting.

• 9 months ago

If it’s non-fiction it’s not a novel. I don’t care what Truman Capote says.

• 9 months ago

HOLLYWOODLAND..........(now a major motion picture, starring Ben Affleck. ) 

It's about the death of George Reeves, who played Superman on tv in the 1950's. 

His death was ruled a "suicide".......(shot in the head in his own bedroom during a party).........but there is compelling evidence that he was murdered......and the crime scene all but proved it was NOT suicide.......but there were powerful people involved with good reasons to cover it all up. 

Did you know  Hollywood , use to be Hollywoodland.....but during an earthquake......the L-A-N-D  fell off and was destroyed.......so they just left it ,  Hollywood. 

Also, the original sign......was nothing more than an ADVERTISEMENT  for the new housing project.....Hollywoodland. ...and wasn't designed to last more than 6 months! 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

A novel IS a book for eff's sake. Yeesh.

• 9 months ago

Are you specifically asking for things like Capote's "In Cold Blood," "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil," and "The Executioner's Song"?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.