Savannah asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Why does my eyesight get really blurry when I am very tired?

When I am extremely tired, my eyesight gets very blurry. Does anyone know why this happens to me?.

I only asked about this problem because this problem started happening recently, and I have never experienced this problem before. 

Favorite Answer

Your eyes go blurry when you are tired because your visual system is fatigued. The muscles around the ocular lens need to contract in order to focus. When you are tired, these muscles may get tired and you may have trouble focusing on objects. In order to understand why you are only experiencing this problem now, I recommend thinking about any changes in habit you may have had. Keep in mind, dry eyes are usually the cause of visual fatigue and blurry vision. 

• Savannah

Thank you.

• Andy C

Because you need glasses. Ask a doctor why I'm right.

• Savannah

I already wear contacts because I'm near sighted.

Because you’re extremely tired. Come on now. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out. 

Maybe just maybe it's because you are tired?

Edit: if it's happening now then you should try to get more sleep and if that doesn't work see a doctor