promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Nathan asked in PetsHorses · 2 months ago

Do horse have bellybutton?

My best friend and I are one horse. We are trying to figure out which part of horse we are individually. Example: I am the hooves, he is the mane...but who is the bellybutton? And do horses have bellybuttons in general? Help! Need answer soon!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Snezzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Right now there are two correct answers, so I'm going to add something else.

You are heading for what is known as comparative anatomy. That's where you try to figure out which part of the horse is "the same" as some part of the human.

For example, your middle fingernail and your middle toenail are hooves. 

Try to find out how the horse's front-leg joints match your hand, wrist, and arm joints. Then do the same for the hind leg and your legs. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, Nathan, horses do have "belly buttons", which are actually a type of scar that is left when what was the naval stump (from the umbilical cord when the horse was in its mother's womb) was attached to the body. When the stump dries up and falls off (a natural process that happens within a few days or a week after birth) the naval or "belly button" is what's left.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They, like other mammals usually have a scar where the umbilical cord attatches

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.