Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSeattle · 2 months ago

What states should I move to if I want more sunny days?

I hate living where I'm at. It's either too cold outside or gloomy and cloudy. We usually see a sunny day about once a week. Then all the other days are gray and cloudy. 

Yuma, Arizona tops the list of places in the United States with more sunshine. In Yuma, it is usually sunny 90% of the time from sunrise to sunset. In fact, with its typical 4300 hours of sunshine a year, Yuma achieves the world's highest annual solar record.

Look at the communities in any of the states in the Sunbelt. The summer heat may take a season or two to get acclimated, but with air conditioning everywhere, it is possible to adjust. Even in the winter, sunny days predominate. Probably the best options: Arizona, Texas, Georgia, or Florida. North and South Carolina have certain locations which are nice. I like Santa Fe in New Mexico, but the rest of the state is pretty poor. 

I’m originally from Hawaii, where the weather is pretty much an even temperature year-round.

It rains a lot there but, for the most part, the days are sunny, warm and wonderful.

When it comes wintertime, temperatures can dip down to the 60s. Brrrrr. Time to break out the “winter” clothes.

Of course, everybody that lives in a place where it snows laughs at us when we say it’s “freezing” over here. We don’t mind.

We take our year-round sunshine and clear blue skies for granted. It’s always there (except for rainy days).

Closer to the equator

It is something else to spend time on the beach of Goa. Sand fields from Arambol Beach to Canacona Beach, enjoy the sun all day and enjoy swimming in the ocean to cool off whenever you want.

Should be an easy answer, south

Arizona would fit the bill if you can take the heat.

Hawaii 

Arizona would be my first choice. New Mexico the second choice.

The Sunshine State springs to mind.