promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 2 months ago

are college hidden fees per day? or per semester?

i just recently found out their is college hidden fees such as lab fees. it says it’s $4-$8. are they per day or month or semester ? and why aren’t they included in the whole tuition?

Update:

okay so someone said it’s per semester then another one who deleted their answer said it’s as needed. so does that mean each day that i use the lab i have to pay $4-$8? or by the end of the semesters i will have to pay the total all together of each day? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If a fee is required for the class, it is normally posted in the description of the class. It is paid once, usually at the time of registration for the class. Sometimes it is collected by the instructor, but it's still a one-time payment.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

College and University have a pile of additional fees that aren't part of tuition but are just as mandatory.  You'll have to look at the information for your college to find out how often they are charged to get an idea of the total cost.

• enn
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No. Lab fees are according to only the students registered in the lab class, instead of every student paying them. It would be unfair for you to pay lab fees for another student if you are not in that class and do not need to use that specific laboratory. So lab fees are much like book prices, you pay for those as needed. Tuition covers things such as teacher's pay, administrators, janitors, building maintenance and cafeteria worker's pay. Tuition pays for property taxes, electrical bills, water for the bathrooms and kitchens, building repairs etc. So pay for your books and lab fees only as needed.

• 2 months ago

Class fees are usually for the semester. You aren't told about them up front so you register for the classes. If you knew all of the fees and other hidden costs, would you still waste so many years earning a degree you don't really need?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

COMPLETELY depends on a case by case basis.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.