Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Is she still pregnant?

Hi, 

My hairy toy breed was scanned at 5 1/2 weeks - further along than I thought- and the vet pointed out the spines, heart beats etc. This was on the 23rd. Four pups were clearly seen (I took videos) and maybe more hiding in her ribs (not what the vet said just a possibility). 

The ***** is fit and a thin *****. She has gained weight and done all the normal pregnancy things (from what I have read), she is day 50 today from what the vet suggested and my own dates and at night she looks very pregnant then in the morning not so fat. I figure this is due to the babies taking it out of her overnight. Just wondered if you’d had similar? This has been happening for a few days now. Also had noticed her bum very wet when picked her up and attributed this to the normal clear white discharge. I brought a stethoscope and though can hear her heart can’t hear the pups. 

Yes. Responsible breeding two show dogs health tests done. They are both maidens so pleased to have such a big potential litter.

I forgot to mention she has a health check with the vet on Wednesday!

Thank you! 

Yes I have mentors but I know YA has a variety of knowledge. 

Planned breeding. Never mind, apparently as long as she doesn’t have a fever or coloured discharge she should be fine. 

• Ocimom
    Favorite Answer

I'd have a vet check her again - could be aborting puppies.  And if she's still pregnant, you need to know how many and be prepared for a c-section ($1,500).

I refuse to help back yard breeders

Thank God you're nothing more than a teenaged troll, which, btw, you suck at. Go to Hobby Lobby and find another hobby. 

FLAME BAITING TROLL.  Fake question.  Tiny toy breeds never have four puppies - there's no room! 

• Nekkid Truth!

I knew of a Chinese Crested that had a litter of 9!   A litter of 4-5 is average for that breed, and they are a toy breed.   So, depending on what breed it is, 4 certainly is more than possible

It has NOT BEEN my experience for a B*tch to have any DISCHARGE until right before birth.  Funny; you have not checked or do not MENTION having checked her temperature.  Yahoo has only a FEW experienced persons (most are TROLLS or bored teens) and we do not help breeders => 99% of which asking questions here - are BYB, not ethical or responsible ones.  Any ethical novice breeder, would have READ 5-10 BOOKS on breeding & whelping puppies, and would be calling their mentor or the vet, NOT asking questions on the internet to GOD KNOW WHO.

Females DO NOT "reduce in size" if the pregnancy is progressing correctly, but they can RE-ABSORB all, or part of a litter.  so please advise your vet, if her size is LESS and certainly if you DID hear heartbeats but now DO NOT.  Bi#ches can also DELIVER while outside going potty and MANY puppies are LOST to the elements or predators - when this happens.

HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW when she is due "if" this was a PLANNED breeding?  You KNOW WHEN SHE BRED - DO'NT YOU???????  Sorry, but your SHOCK at her advanced STATE of pregnancy (when supposedly at the vet's office) SCREAMS BYB.

No, I've never bred a dog. All my dogs got spayed/neutered as soon as possible after I got them if they weren't already fixed.

I can't ever see me buying a dog to breed when there are so many in the pounds, shelters & rescues being euthanized daily. First they are too expensive, cannot afford a $2,000 dog.

Go to the breeders of your dogs. Reputable breeders have all kinds of backing & knowledge right at their finger tips. Just call the breeders of the dogs you got. They should be more than willing to help you, advise you in any way they can.

Did you have a breeding contract when you bought your dogs? Do the breeders of your dogs have any plans on other males? Was this selective breeding or did you just happen to have a male?

Typically BYBer. You have no mentors, BYBers like you never do

Take your ill bred mutt to a vet and have a gravid spay done

You have mentors but would rather ask strangers who may or may not know what they are talking about?  I think that's shocking.

I wouldn't be waiting until Wednesday.

Since these are show dogs like you claim..  Ask your mentors.  You should have a circle of a "variety of knowledge" from people you've met in the show ring.

YA has a variety of knowledge?   Majority of the users here are bored teenagers.   Not experienced breeding mentors.

Let's be honest..  These are not show dogs, you don't have a circle of breeding mentors.  You just expect to get the answers you WANT by claiming these are show dogs.

breeding and creating  more dogs when so many are in shelters is never responsible....there is no 'need' for show dogs.  dogs in shelters 'need' homes

you are right about a variety of knowledge...mostly wrong answers.

if i was a responsible pet owner, and I was concerned, i would run to the nearest emergency vet.