I am having Ivf which my insurance is paying for. My question is do you have to pay for donor sperm and how much does it cost.?

Are you in Uk or USA? Donor sperm is usually paid for in Uk, but the amount depends on where you get treatment and can also be dependant on your husbands lack of fertility. 

I was treated in a hospital and it cost about £200 about 20 years ago.

mine is free if donated in person

• LizB

Wow, you are really, really lucky your insurance covers IVF. Our insurance only covered labs and tests, and some people don't have even that much.

You're going to have to call your insurance -or- talk to your IVF coordinator to find out of donor sperm is covered or not. I'm guessing it won't be, though. I mean, it *might* be if your husband has been diagnosed with azoospermia, but if you're in a same-sex relationship or becoming a single mother by choice, it might not be. You'll just have to ask, though.

• hilllizdante2 months agoReport

I looked it up and it does cover sperm donor.. I am happy for that

Anything's possible in dreams

I think you need to read the terms of your insurance. 

I don't think you will find any insurance in the USA that will pay 100% for IVF. 

You need to sit down with your clinic and figure out what you are responsible for paying and when. 

• hilllizdante2 months agoReport

I have sat down and talked to doctor and insurance company and everything is straight already.. I wasn’t going to use speed donor at first but I might have to know.. I have appointment wed. I will just ask my doctor how the sperm donor go.. thanks for your response