Can you tell "the grounds for divorce "?

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

Yes, Laremi. I am on my third and hopefully, my last marriage, and I'm happily married but my last two marriages were nightmares. Grounds for divorce are cheating, failing to support his family by not working, physical or emotional abuse, lying, abandonment, playing mind games, not being stable, mental issues, drugs or alcohol or other issues such as gambling or being obsessed with sex and getting into pornography. There are other reasons but those are the main factors. Hope this helps!

• RP

It depends on the law where you would apply for divorce. If it is a no-fault divorce jurisdiction, then there is no need for grounds, but, if it isn't no-fault, the applicable law will specify the kinds of behavior that represent grounds. Those groups may be things like irreconcilable difference(s), adultery, physical or emotional abuse, etc.

• Brian

Tell them what?