I think my house is haunted.?

So let me explain some things.

The other day I had my great grandfather's ship in a bottle on my window sill sitting on a stand. Then, my friend noticed it was missing. It had somehow fallen 2 stories out of my window and broken. I have no idea how it got out, because my window was closed. My sister said that the day before the bottle was there. 

Ever since then weird **** has been happening. This morning, my friend smelled smoke. We came down and I smelled it too. We woke up my parents because we we scared. At first we thought it was wires, but then we had come to find a small chunk of my tax returns had burned. There are pieces of burnt paper on the floor and on the table under the paper. We have no idea how it happened because there's no fire source near it. Can I have some advice? Should we sage out the house? Did I release the angry spirit of my great grandfather?

I can say without question your house is not haunted. 

Call someone to check for a gas leak!