Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentInternational Organizations · 2 months ago

Inheritance surplus funds from home question????? Is my deceased sisters children or husband entitled to any of the money??...?

Had a sibling she died. My father died right before she did. House went into foreclosure there was surplus funds. I was told the money is mine by the people dispersing the money.  Could my brother in law and his children with my deceased sister be entitled to any of the money? I dont want any problems. There was no will. 

Your trolling here when you know the answer as the LAWYER has already explained it to you.

• Foofa

If there was no will the estate would go into probate and the probate judge would decide who gets what. Yes, if your father died before your sister did it's likely her survivors would get part of the inheritance.

• Clive

I cannot possibly answer as you failed to say where this happened, so I have no idea what the law on intestacy is there.

Was your name on the deed to the home? If no, then the money goes into father's estate, UNLESS he willed you the home or again, your name was on the deed.

So yes, they may very well be entitled to some of the money.

you need to ask a lawyer about it

You didn't say where this is happening. In most all states (US), I would expect that it goes like this: Are you talking about your father's house? As soon as he died, your then-living sister then inherited her share, it become part of her estate (technically, her rights to it became part of her estate, but that's a lawyer nit). Then when she died, her estate goes to her husband and children.

The people dispersing the money ... who are they? The money should go to the personal representative (PR #1) of your father's probate estate. Then PR #1 should give part of that money to you, and part to your sister's PR. If the money doesn't move like that, then somebody is doing some VERY questionable stuff.

On the other hand, I'm sure that there are dozen or more details that you left out.

And on the third hand, I'm not a lawyer and somebody ... or three somebodies ... needs to get a professional consult with a probate lawyer.

• `2 months agoReport

There are anti lapse statutes/laws in all 50 states --- meaning his sisters children are normally the  heirs to her part but then again, we don't have enough info to determine that. 

That depends on how the money was determined to be your property. You say no will. Were the funds in a POD account? If so, the money is directly payable to you if your name was the sole survivor on the account.

Your question makes no real sense.  Please see an attorney.

Poo is the Best

Pink dress I wear

Pigtails in hair

I love the stuff that comes from there

Daddy said I'm mentally ill

But with you I never sit still

Poo is the best

I'm obsessed

Love the stuff that you all detest

Poo is the best

I'm impressed

I feel like I am so blessed

Poo is the best

Trudy's my name

Pooing's my game

I'll do it here I have no shame

Daddy said I'm really unwell

But with you life's totally swell

Poo is the best

I'm obsessed

Love the stuff that you all detest

Poo is the best

I'm impressed

I feel like I am so blessed

Poo is the best

Poo is the best

I'm obsessed

I won the poo eating contest

Poo is the best

I'm impressed

Hold it close and feel the caress

Poo is the best