Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

What evidence would you have of my reality beyond that of your senses?

Other faculties, perhaps-- if you could give me a rational methodology by which I could use them to know the truth of your claim.

I have no evidence of your reality whatsoever.

• D1218

That there's something there you don't know and can't see.

Reality is the aggregate sum of all real things not imaginary. You do not have a separate reality. You need some serious help if you think you do. Your reality is imaginary.

'Your Reality' is subjective - based on a combination of your experiences (both real and imagined), inferences (both correct and incorrect) and information (both real and fake) gathered over your lifetime.

As far a 'evidence for reality beyond that of my senses' it comes from a variety of instrumentation (for example the human eye only sees an extremely limited band light frequencies but the proper instruments allow you to 'see' into both the infrared and ultraviolet ranges).

Trolls (and some of the worst 'christian' apologists) like to point out that 'you can't see air' - but you can obviously see the effects it has at it blows, or as a bird or airplane take advantage of the fact that what looks like 'empty space' is actually full of gases.

Where it starts to break down is when people infer a 'supernatural' reality existing beyond our natural world - often based on ancient religious writings and backed up with 'personal experiences' - but between the objective fact that people throughout history have been known to make up nonsense in order to explain things they didn't understand, and the subjective nature of individual experience, there is simply no reason to put any trust in it.

• EddieJ

We need devices to measure things that are beyond our direct ability to sense.

However, you seem to be trying to imply that gremlins are real.

• "A group mind" made the world. It's illusory as its "creation" is. God only creates eternally, not dream-like. When we ask our inner Teacher what's real, He takes us toward the latter, not the former. Thanks for the inquiry.

• Den B7

I can smell you from here... 

oops, that's a sense.

Only the fact that you are typing.

For most people, it depends on how much pot you smoke or

how much acid you drop.  Just ask DRUGS ARE WITHIN YOU - she'll tell you.

None.  You are free to believe whatever you want and nobody can interfere with that.  However if you want to talk about a shared "reality" then we need to rely on our senses in order to sort out what is real, or at the very least what appears to be real, and what exists in our fertile human imaginations.

• true, I'll use this world to communicate as I use science to manipulate this world, but meaning of it is not in the world but in mind.